Friday, September 14, 2007

and a couple days later...

Took a picture from the conference room, looking out to the sea. And down to the parking lot.


One of the guys told me "oh, yeah, the hotel with the huge mural". Well I didn't see it (which is possible from the highway) because I'm too busy trying to get the right exit! Anyway, quite the size when standing across the street!


While I was in stop-and-go rush hour traffic, I saw this:


When I returned to the hotel Friday, I saw fair skies (after it rained most of the day) so I made a panoramic from the top of the parking structure:

I also switched rooms, just so I could get a different view. Now what you see above is what I can see from my room.

I ended up taking this photo at a McDonald's, as you can see: Shrek is here too! (sorry about the blur, otherwise you'd be able to make out the small print under each character)


Oh, yeah, I learned the smallest cars on the street here are made by Mercedes and are the "Smart" model. Learn more by clicking into this Wikipedia link. It seems these cars might find their way the the States early next year!


Well, I was given some ideas on what to do for the weekend, so I have the Liseberg Amusement Park (right outside my window!) and Paddan boat tours to chose from so far. Oh, yeah, I was told to check out Nordstan for shopping. What I got out of the Nordstan link is they have 8 city blocks as the shopping center, with 2700 parking spaces in the parking structures. The first couple pages of the link include some pictures of the mall area.

No comments: