Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday: a day of shopping

I took way too many pictures to be able to post them all here. To start getting towards the city center, I got to pass through their University grounds:




Then, I arrive at the Paddan boat tour. Look! I see the boat hasn't left yet, so this must be a good sign, right?


Wrong! The sign on the window:


I guess it's been raining too much these days, so the boats cannot get under the bridges! What's up with that?

Well, gotta see something, so I keep walking along the canal, knowing I'll end up at the shopping center eventually.



Then, inside the mall there was an interesting character. He'd freeze from time to time, then as people walk by end up startling them as he came to life.


As you know, it wouldn't take much for me to say "Enough shopping"!
Time to head back, taking more pictures along the way.



It took me over 4 hours to make the circuit through town, pretty much didn't stop walking the whole time. I didn't dare try to figure out the bus system, as I'd probably get myself taken someplace out of town!
I drew my route on the map below. Appears it was at least a 5 mile jaunt.

No comments: