Sunday, September 9, 2007

Travel to Sweden

I’ve made it to Gothenburg, and found my hotel!
That was a trick. Of course I got lost – took the
wrong exit! Got all scrambled around, kinda
backtracked by getting off then back on the highway.
Went back an exit, got off and (hope you are sitting
down!) asked for directions! Can you believe it? I
went into a Shell gas station and actually asked where
I was. I had a map from National, and I had figured
out where the hotel was on there, so I just needed to
know where I was to finish getting there.
Funny thing was, after I asked for help from the
attendant, a girl asked for me to help her father hook
a trailer onto his car. They couldn't figure out how
to lift up the jack. Of course the questions were spewing
in Swedish, but as soon as I said "English please" she
switched gears without skipping a beat. Luckily jacks
work in Europe the same as they do in the states so I
could actually help.

Then (instead of crashing, because I’m running on less
than an an hour or sleep) I went for a walk. Quite a
long walk, because I went back out to the highway and
see the actual exit number I was supposed to take.
According to the Google map, I went over 3 km round
trip. And found a huge festival/park. They have
roller coasters, a demon drop and I could hear some
kind of live music.

Now that I have my bearings, I might be able to leave
here and get back here. I just need to find the
office on the other end in the morning.

So, I think now I'm going to go downstairs and find
something to eat for dinner in the restaurant. I
don't want to drive again today!

No comments: