Sunday, December 30, 2007

Taurus engine swap - completed!

Well, Adam finished up "our" project today.

To help the engine exchange project along, I spent $400 on insulation at Home Depot and put that up the day before Christmas. We were then able to heat the garage enough to actually be comfortable while working.

Pictures as we went along:
Wednesday, the day after Christmas had the car up:


And the engine out:


Friday:
Upon the recommendation of my mechanic, a new water pump was installed ("easier now than later in the car"):


Getting ready to go in:


Really late Friday night:
Back on the subframe, connected to the transmission:


This is the point that I left it so I could travel to da U.P. to do more Christmas visiting (with MOST of my kids in tow!)

Adam called Sunday morning 8am while I was at the farm to let me hear the car start, as he just finished a marathon session of getting the engine reconnected!


Here is the bad engine, sitting on a trailer just before I took it to the local high school to be used in experiments:

No comments: