Sunday, July 6, 2008

Couple of Projects of my own

We've been noticing the water storage tanks and softener will get damp during the summer months. Since I put the door on the freezer room, it gets worse. So, instead of purchasing a dehumidifier I added some duct work to the existing AC system, as that will provide the same function. It is just that space doesn't have any vents, as it isn't a living space.

So, check out my handy work. I actually used the 4" duct to direct the air stream over the larger water storage tank, hoping as the air is pushed under the door, that it will do the job of picking up the moist air. Have to give it a few days to see if this will be effective enough.



Last December I insulated the garage to be able to get Adam to do that Taurus engine swap. In so doing, I had to block the stairwell so that the heat wouldn't just disappear into the uninsulated upper floor of the garage. I finally tore the blockage out (that I had made slightly too big), slimmed it down, added hinges, and Ta Da! I have a door. Now I need to acquire a couple pulleys and rope to finish out neatly.

No comments: